Friday, January 23, 2009

Plein Air Deborah







Not the most flattering photo (not the fault of the photographer)... It was FREEZING. Okay so it was about 40 degrees and that's just darn cold to a Texas girl. I had on about 5 layers of clothing. We were at Bull Creek Park, which is actually very beautiful, however it will be a while before I go back there. The last 2 days, I have painted at Laguna Gloria. The weather has been beautiful. Of course, it happens the week after our Plein Air instructor, Ian Roberts leaves. I learned a lot last week and now I'm being very concious of the intensity of color, as well as hue and value. My Mother took the photo. She came out and visited us and brought hot beverages to everyone's delight. The focus the first part of the week was on composition and we did a lot of sketching. Plein air (outdoor) painting is a lot more difficult than painting in the studio. However, I find that I learn a great deal from painting outside. Plus, it takes me to places I wouldn't normally visit.



No comments: