Friday, March 27, 2009
This painting is 6 X 8 oil on panel. I challenged my artist friends from my France Art Trip to all paint a photo of 3 bikes. This challenge is in the style of the different strokes photos that Karin Jurick hosts. I am still doing her challenges but made up one for my small group of artists. View our blog http://wildcatprovencepainters.blogspot.com/.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
I was tagged by Camille Olsen, which is a great compliment. By tagging me, she is saying she thinks my blog is fabulous. Camille has a great many artists following her blog. She has creative and fun interpretations to our Different Strokes From Different Folks photos. She has a unique and fun style. Visit her blog.
This tag asks me to list five favorite blogs, tell five things about myself and list the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules in your blog
3. Write five random things about yourself
4. Tag random people at the end of your post, with links
5. Let each person know they've been tagged
Five random things about me:
1. I have no children but I have 3 cats.
2. I worked for Tiffany & Co. for 9 years for which I worked in the Beverly Hills, CA, Dallas & Houston, TX and Bal Harbour, Fl offices.
3. My husband is a naturally talented drummer but he currently is working full time and is not playing right now.
4. I love people with a sense of humor.
5. At one time I had a massage therapy license.
My five tag picks:
Andreeva Portrait Academy
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
This is an 8 x 10 Oil on Panel. I love photos that tell me a story. This photo is significant to me because Noah's father was afraid of clowns as a child. Of course, if you ever saw the Steven King movie, "It." Clowns would take on a new persona. This photo just made me laugh so of course I had to paint it!
Monday, March 9, 2009
This is an 8 x 10 - Oil on Panel. Another Wednesday challenge from the Different Strokes From Different Folk blog (blog link on my blog list to the right). I'm not a big sushi fan, however, I do like those California rolls. Speaking of California, next week I will be painting plein air in Catalina with Ron Rencher.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Today we hung paintings at 300West 6th St. I have about 7 or 8 paintings on display. The paintings are in the elevator room of the parking garage on floor 3 - 7. This is the group I went to France with and one of our group works in this building. The paintings are great.