Saturday, July 26, 2008

Brandy - Houdini



Yesterday there was no post on the blog. It was not a good painting day. I did paint but I started on the lilypads and gave up. I then went to some of my figurative paintings and gave up on them. Finally, I worked on the painting of the dog (Brandy). It seemed to go a little better. However, I didn't spend a great deal of time on it. This morning, being Saturday, I usually go to the gym while my husband is golfing. I got up too late for the body pump class I wanted to go to. I thought I would use the time to work on Brandy a little more. I started putting my paintings that I have been working with on a shelf in the front hallway. I can see it from the couch. As I look at it from a distance, I will usually see something I want to change. I may also get up close. Today I photographed the Brandy painting and realized when I was looking at the photo of the painting, there was something bugging me. I went in and fixed it and photographed it again. I am posting this photograph of the painting. The title of this 3.5 x 5 in canvas painting is HOUDINI. The reason I named it Houdini instead of Brandy is because this is my sister's dog and Brandy can get out of ANY fence, rockwall, etc. Therefore, I call her Houdini. She is as sweet as she looks if you know her. If she doesn't like you then BEWARE. If someone wants to purchase this framed painting, I am selling it for $75.00. I'm still getting the hang of photographing my paintings myself. This is the reason I posted 2 photos.

No comments: